Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Glitter for your chosen one

So I painted my nails something so simple and easy, it barely needs a tutorial explanation. They still look a little Christmasy in my opinion, but what I was really aiming for is Valentine's day without being too obvious. No hearts, no love, just something hinting in that direction.
Yes, I need to learn to clean around my cuticles before taking photos. To create this look, I painted my nails with Sally Hansen's "Black Out" after a thick base coat. Because I used black, I needed to apply a heavy base to protect my nails from discolouring. After many years of painting my nails with various colours, black being a common one, I am yet to experience discolouration of my nails, and the only technique I've used is applying a thick base coat before hand. It works. Trust me. And that is only one of it's uses! Yes, applying another layer is more effort, but it really is worth it. Moving on... once my black had dried, I covered it with OPI's "Gettin' Miss Piggy With It". This is a clear polish with heavy red glitter of varying sizes, and a few flecks of silver. Finally, I covered the design with a top coat.
I hope you like this design! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.