Friday, February 10, 2012

Love is all around us

So my nail designs are slightly out of order now, but I wanted to get this posted as close to Valentine's day as I could. This design is still fairly simple, but not the easiest I have posted.
I love Valentine's day. I am sick of people calling it "Singles/Couples awareness day" or being upset that they're single on Valentine's day. It completely misses the point. It is a day of love that you can share with anyone, not just a significant other. You can share this love with your friends, your family.. anyone in your life. Let them know that you appreciate them. It can also be fun. Yes, it has become very commercial and mostly about buying chocolates, but buying chocolates and sharing them is still fun. Even if you love yourself, by yourself something nice. Just because you might be single doesn't mean this day "sucks". Share it with people you love and the people who are close to you.
So to create this design, I painted my tips white after a base coat with Sally Hansen's "Nearly Nude". Once it was dry, I took Sally Hansen's "Black Out" and a striper brush and painted hearts around my nails. I did this gain with Quo by Orly "Red Hot", and then again, filling in the spaces with Quo by Orly "True Love". I made the hearts a sort of "U" shape. I then covered the design with Sally Hansen's "Diamonds" to make it sparkle, and finished off with a top coat.
I hope you like this design, and have a great Valentine's day with the people you love! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.