Sunday, June 5, 2011

Strawberries!

Fun party today! It was a strawberry theme, where most foods served contained strawberries or where strawberry themed including the decorations. When there is a theme to a party, how can you NOT add it to your nails? If I could turn a fondant sponge cake into a giant strawberry, I could find a nail design. I was a little silly and didn't look up a picture of a strawberry before hand, so feel free to paint the seeds yellow like they should be. I went for the black and white look and people still recognized them as strawberries.
After a base coat and before a top coat, I painted my nails red with two coats of Migi Nail Art's "Fire Red". Then I dotted them with DecoNail's white, and I placed DecoNail's black over the top, not being too careful the line the two so the white still showed through. Once that had dried, I took MigiNailArt's green and created the spiked leaves over where my lunular should be (by the cuticle. This could also work at the tips). I then painted over the green with MigiNailArt's metallic green. If I was to redo this design, I'd make the seeds yellow instead.

Personally, I think this is one of my worse designs that I have done recently, maybe because I painted them in the dark, or maybe because it was late at night and I was tired. If you try this design, i hope you have better luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.