Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Zebra party

I don't know if this is good news or bad news, so it's just news: I filed my nails. I always file them between my designs, but this time I cut back on a lot of the length. I miss my old nails, but they will grow back, and these have a nicer shape to them, although my index nails still grow weird. To those who love my longer nails, I'm sorry, but it had to be done before they broke. To those who thought my long nails were freaky and needed to be shorter, you have your wish. They are still pretty long still, but nothing like they used to be.

The batteries on my other camera died and I don't know where the charger is, so it's back to using my webcam for a while. I do think they look very nice short, but the longer nails were more fun to play with. However, nothing can stop me from painting these nails!


I always take photographs of my nail art designs, no matter how bad the quality of the picture. This was I can remember all of my creations, or look back to see if I can redo them. In this case, I am doing just that. Like the corset design, I am doing another comparison design by a couple of pictures I found of my shorter nails. Although you can still create many nail art designs on shorter nails, you can do a lot more when your nails are longer. For example, I took this design and manipulated it slightly. Before I actually have a free edge to my nails, I turned this design into a french look, white keeping my ring fingers a whole nail design. 
I had almost forgotten how short my nails used to be! No wonder I hid them from everyone. My cuticles look sore as well. I am so glad I changed my ways, and I really hope I'm an inspiration to a lot of other nail biters. I'm trying to help my brother quit, but even I couldn't quit at 15, and he can't get away with covering his nails with polish. Clear polish can only go so far; you can still see the imperfections you want to bite. My best friend doesn't bite his nails as drastically as I did, and to be honest, his nails look pretty good, but he refuses to stop biting his. Not that I encourage biting, but his nails do look good and his biting isn't causing his fingers any harm, so I won't push the subject.

To create this design, I painted all of my tips and the nails on my ring fingers white using Migi Nail Art's White and OPI's "Lavender Cloud". I had to change because my Migi white pen exploded. It's new as well. I then took ArtDeco's black and created black lines horizontally across the white of my design to create a zebra look, then I lined the base of the free edge in black as well. Don't forget to use a base and top coat for your designs to keep your nails safe and your design from chipping or pealing. I think, judging by these pictures, my artistic abilities with a nail art brush has improved slightly. If I do say so myself.

1 comment:

  1. i have tried one kind of sticker named minx recently, it is very good,easily apply and look fantastic. it is the right products for holiday! It save your time to make it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.