Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hola!
Sorry I haven't posted this sooner; I've been distracted. I can't wait to tell you guys about my Birthday gifts, but one of them will have to wait until I... improve it (I'm not trying to be ungracious, but this gift was designed for me to 'improve' by the gift-giver). Anyway, the first is from my brother, and that is OPI's "Navy Shatter" polish. The other gift that I can tell you about is a gift-card to the store I tend to buy most of my nail supplies at. I'm not going to spend it at once, but I did take a trip there today and picked up a few things.
The first is Gosh "Matt Effect Top Coat" which I hope to be using soon, and Sally Hansen Diamond Strength "Diamonds". My plan is to apply this over a creme polish to jazz it up a bit. 'Sparklify'... I also got Rimmel London 60 "Green With Envy" which is a beautiful shimmery turquoise. Green is my least favourite colour, but my eyes were drawn to this polish. Finally, I bought Sally Hansen's "Vintage Violet" Crackle.
So for this Thanksgiving design, I started by painting my tips with two coats of Wet 'n' Wild's "TF". It's a nice shimmery Gold. For my fingers, I painted thin stripes of Nubar's "Neon Pumpkin" from the corner of my tips, then went over the stripes with ArtDeco's "Black" striper brush. As you can tell from the pictures, it's becoming clumpy and dry, so either I find nail polish thinner or buy a new bottle.
For my thumb nail I took MigiNailArt's Shimmer Green and painted a leaf on the corner of my nail. My leaf is a maple/oak hybrid. I then added veins to the leaf with MigiNailArt's "Copper" and ArtDeco's "Black" and added some stripes around the leaf so it fit with the other nails. Once the design dried I covered it with a top coat.

I'm super thankful that I have my nail art talents and that I have access to the products that I use. I'm thankful for my family and friends that support my love of nails, and I'm thankful that I get to share my creations with you every week. I'm extra thankful that you're taking the time to read my blog today. From now until Hallowe'en, I shall be posting Hallowe'en designs for you to see. Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.