Sunday, October 16, 2011

Neon Hallowe'en Webs

I had plans to put this design on my nails and post this days ago, and have a new Hallowe'en design by now, but I have had the flu this past week, and although no longer bedridden and asleep, I still have a fever and all the other unpleasant symptoms that come with it. However, I am feeling a lot better that I did and finally got around to painting my nails. My biggest problem is that my muscles still aren't working quite right, so squeezing my nail pen was tricky, but you could use a striper brush for this design as well. It's probably better than using a pen, but it's all down to personal preference.
This design is easy-peasy when your muscles are working correctly. After a base coat I painted my nails black with Sally Hansen's "Black Out" and let it dry. Then I took Migi Nail Art's "Neon Orange" and drew lines from the corner of my nails out, then drew curved lines between them. Some I had to move and manipulate on the nail with a toothpick once the polish dried to a tacky state because I'm finding drawing lines difficult at the moment, but I think it turned out nicely. On my thumb I added a cute little spider but drawing a thin line down from the web, a circle, and little limes for legs (I couldn't only fit 6 and make it look good, but I doubt people will be staring at my nail close enough to notice). Finally I covered my design with Gosh "Matt Effect Top Coat" and I love the turn out! Have fun with this design! I took a few pictures on with and without a camera flash and my spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.