Monday, May 23, 2011

Black with white stripes or white with black stripes?

This is a simple design unless you're trying to paint your dominant hand. I want to find a piece of mesh and paint over it, onto my nail, but I wanted to try out these new polishes with striper brushes before experimenting with things I don't have. I like this design, and it's great for interesting-looking tips and for those who prefer black and white designs.
In order to make this design happen, once you've finished your base coat, paint your tips white, but rather than give a smile-line, make it straight. If you're going to follow my idea, paint your ring finger with a black tip. You can also paint your thumb with a black tip too, or invert the entire design. Once you have your tips done, take a black and, using a striper brush, paint diagonal stripes in both direction, making them extend a little past your tips. Finish with a base coat and you're done. The white I used was MigiNailArt's White and "Glitter Gold".
You can also try this design with other colours, or you can change the tip shape from straight to ordinary smile line to chevron.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.