Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Girly Goth

I have wanted crackle polish for a LONG time, and I must be the last nail art lover on Earth to get my hands on it! The only place I have seen it for sale was at the hairdressers in town, but they had sold out, so when my brother went to get his hair done, my family saw it for sale and knew I wanted it, so when they came back home, I got the awesome surprise that is OPI's Black Crackle nail polish! However, there was a condition to this free gift: I had to clean my room in order to use it. Well, my room is clean, tidy, and organized so I have the blissful joy this morning of christening my new polish. But I've seen everyone apply a base colour with the polish on top, and it still looks amazing, but why conform to everyone else's simple idea? So I came up with my own use for it (meaning, I didn't cover my whole nail with the crackle), but still keeping it simple and easy.
This design is super super easy! I applied my usual million base coats, then two or three coats of OPI Nicole "Believe It, Do It", then waited for that to dry for longer than I usually do, just incase. I then did a side-swipe of the crackle and filled in the lower corner. Then I sat back and watched the magic happen. It looked so cool to see it crack and change as it dried! Once that was done, I took ArtDeco's silver and made a stripe to separate the black and pink. Once it was all dry, I applied a top coat. I used Cutex "Fast and hard" (oo-lala) top coat for the first time. I like it for a basic top coat, it works well.
The weather isn't very nice today, so I couldn't get a good shot of my nails in a sun, but I was also handling the heavy camera myself with wet nails... I promise I used crackle, although these pictures don't do it justice. And the pink is supposed to look glossy and shimmery, but the camera doesn't pick that up either. I suppose it shows that you can use a plain black polish instead of shatter (although I prefer the shattered look), and you can use any colour as a base, it doesn't have to be pink. I suggest you use a bright colour though to contrast with the black, but not so light that the silver doesn't have a good affect, nor too dark that the shatter is pointless. I hope you have fun with this design if you decide to try it out. It is super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.