Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sophisticated Easter

"Are you trying to use up all of your polish?" Well no, Dad, I'm addicted to painting my nails. I keep coming up with more and more designs that I'm just dying to try on myself. This week, I've been thinking of Easter. But although my previous design was nice (in my opinion) and I liked how busy it looked, it didn't catch the attention of many. So, here is another design a little more sophisticated. It can be used for other times of the year, and not just Easter, but it does seem like a rather Eastery design to me. Actually, I don't think "Eastery" is a word.
Oh yeah, and it's back to webcam pictures. My camera ran out of memory and I'm still waiting to by a card reader so I can move the pictures from my camera to my laptop. So, to get this design, I applied a coat of Sally Hansen's "Nearly Nude 2" after a base coat, then three diagonal lines going up one side of my nail of Art Deco's White, and two more of the other side. Then taking a striping brush, I placed one line beside each white stripe of L'Oreal Paris "Trust Fund Baby". I then placed a yellow line beside each pink one of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Hard as Nails "Mellow Yellow". I sealed everything with a top coat.
I have to say, this design is easier to do on someone else than yourself (as I found after applying this design on a sample wheel), but as long as you position your hand right, the design itself is rather simple and feathery. And don't do what I did and get polish on your phone. Hopefully I can show you better pictures later on of this design. I'd love to know which of the three Easter designs you prefer. And as of tomorrow, happy (I suppose) Good Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Emily. How much nail polish do you have?

    BTW, I find your bog hard to read. The letters are too small and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, I've never counted, but LOTS! I've created my collection over the years, but as I don't have all the money in the world, I don't have as much as other nail gurus I've come across. Donations are welcome ;)

    I'll change the colours and fonts as soon as I can. Unfortunately the design settings dislike my laptop so I have to steal someone else's to change things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.