Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Deep Lightening

I know I've just posted "Superstar!" and I painted that design on Monday, but I just couldn't help myself.... I managed to get my hands on Nicole by OPI's "Silver Texture" polish and couldn't wait to try it out! There was such a fierce storm here yesterday, it was right above our house and the lightning was blazing white, the instantaneous thunder roared angrily and was so loud it scared the daylights out of us! We lost power briefly as well, and I looked upon my new silver crackle polish and knew that lightening was the perfect description.
The base colour for this design is MigiNailArt's "Deep Purple", and the silver is Nicole by OPI's "Silver Texture". 

I placed a few swatches on a sample wheel of MigiNailArt's "Magenta", China Glaze's "Liquid Leather", and Nicole by OPI's "Positive Energy". Over them I placed my new "Silver Texture" polish and my OPI "Black Shatter" to compare them. I don't suggest you place the silver over a light colour or another glitter/metallic polish or it won't  stand out. You need a good contrast. I suggest a matte or dark polish as a base, and a light or glitter polish under the matte black.
Since I've only had the silver for a day, I'm not sure how it will be in a few weeks, but as of now I love the consistency of the silver. It's smooth and light, but the lack is thick and clumpy. That being said, I do like how the clack shatter appears on the nail, and it dries super fast. The silver dries pretty fast too. Depending on how thick you place the shatter/crackle/texture polish determines the final look (thicker coat means less cracks), but I found that you have to really apply the silver very thinly in order to get a decent crackle effect. 
The OPI Shatter bottle looks like a regular OPI bottle but the cap/brush handle is pretty cool with the shatter effect around it. The OPI Nicole Texture bottle looks like a regular Nicole bottle, including the cap. The only difference is the rubber tag around the neck on the bottle and a sticker saying "Texture Coat" on the cap.
I'd like to compare these to other colours and other brands (especially Kelier's Crack Polish) some day, but I just can't afford another crackle polish just yet (that, and they are hard to come by). I have a few more nail care products I'd like to buy before then. And I'm curious to try Claire's mood polish if I ever get my hands on it. I thank my Mum so much for buying this polish for me!! I know I didn't have my "Superstar!" nails on for long, but trying this out was just WAY too tempting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.