Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Minnie Mouse!

I think I need to file my nails down again. Maybe. I love having long nails, but because they are thin and brittle, I'm worried that if they get too long, they will break. That being said, I've not had more than 2 chips in my thumbnail since I started my nail-care program, so in my experience, it really works! I just wish they grew straight. So I've been wanting to try this Minnie Mouse design for a while, and I think it's very cute! It's also very easy until you find that your black pen is half plugged and you give yourself hand-cramp before realizing you can either unplug it with a pin or unscrew the top and use a dotting tool. No? Just me then. I put my many layers of nail care products on my nails and attempted a water-marble design which I hadn't done for ages, only to find that I was a bit out of practice, so I had to take all that off and start again. By that time, I just wanted to go to bed, so I applied the top coat before my nails had fully dried and they look a little less than professional. I can get away with so much when I do my own nails.
This design might look better if my nails were shorter, but oh well. Next time. After a base coat, I painted my tips red with OPI's "You Make Me Vroom". Once that had dried, I took MigiNailArt's "White" an painted large dots over the red using the pen, Alternatively, you can use a dotting tool. Finally, I took MigiNailArt's "Black" and painted on the bow. I used the pen, but you can use a dotting tool as well. Make the bows any size. I think the bigger the better. I also positioned mine in the corner, and slightly tilted. WAIT FOR IT TO DRY, unlike me, then apply a top coat. I need to buy a new one because I'm running out of my favourite plain top coat.

Enjoy this design! It's really easy to create and doesn't use up a lot of polish.
I also decided to take a naked-nails picture so I had my natural length on record. Many people ask me if my nails are real, because the clear coats to make them look gel-like to those who haven't really seen close-up what gel nails look like. I do need to file them shorter, because they are starting to look scary again, but I really like having long nails! I am slightly worried that they will break if I keep them long though because I have naturally thin, brittle nails. That being said, they have only chipped twice on my thumbnail since I started the nail care treatment, so for me, it's working. Typically, the nails of nail biters tend to grow a lot faster (this isn't an excuse to start biting your nails to make them grow quicker!!), but my nails don't seem to be aware of that rule. If you look at the first picture with the Minnie Mouse design, you can really see the shape of my thumbnail. I'm changing the shape of my thumbnails from round to square to increase surface area to put less tension on my tips, thus making them stronger and less likely to bend and break. I've snapped a lot of nails in the past by keeping them round. I think they are coming along nicely. I just need to grow them out and file them into shape a bit more before they are ideal. I had a minor shipping incident on my right thumbnail a few weeks back, so that will take slightly longer to take on the square shape, as I had to file the sides down so the ship wouldn't catch on anything and tear.

If you're trying my nail care tips, I hope it's working and that your nails are coming along nicely. If you're here to see my nail art, I really hope you like it! It's one of my only true passions and I'm quite proud of them. If you're trying out a few of these designs yourself, I hope I explained them well and that your nails turn out great! Sorry about the lack of youtube tutorials, but I am still out of a video camera, and my Internet is too slow and expensive to even allow me to watch youtube videos, let alone upload them. If you want pictures on how I create these design (in a sort of stop-motion tutorial style), drop me a note below or e-mail me at scribblingwithpolish@gmail.com

1 comment:

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.