Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Midnight Gradient

After the breakage of my poor nail, I was feeling a bit unmotivated to take the effort to Portalize my right hand. I did get comments that the background of that design should be white, not black (as in the game you can only create portals on a white wall), but I didn't think the white worked as well on my nails, so black is was. Once I cheered myself up a bit, I looked back at the blue portals, loving the neon blue/black contrast, so I did a really simple gradient on my right hand. The nails were already painted black, and this is actually my first gradient with a black background, and only using one colour, or one shade of that colour.
The camera really doesn't do these justice. Maybe it's the flash. But they are a lot darker off-camera, and have more of a gradient. This was so easy to do. With my nails already black, I dabbed some of MigiNailArt's "Royal Blue" onto a clean foundation sponge and dabbed it onto my nail, starting at the tip and moving down towards the bed of my nail. With each application of this, is didn't take the colour down as far, making the tips more blue than the base. Simple though it is, I love this design, and my parents say it's their favourite one they have seen on my nails so far.
Eh, that's a little better (check me out, I'm starting to sound like a Canadian! Took me long enough). I hope you like this design. I'm really happy with it, especially now I've cleaned up the mess around my cuticles.
So much better in person... Oh well.

Also, I took a picture of the nubbin... my poor nail! It looks so much shorter than all the others. I'll take a new picture every week to monitor its growth and see how long it takes to reach the same length as the others. It feels weird too. It's as though I'm miss ing the tip of my finger. Typing and playing the piano is also strange and I'm still getting used to it.

Then I painted it black to fit in with the others.
Wow, my webcam captures the gradient design better than my digital camera! That's interesting. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.