Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Superstar!

This is a dedication to my friend's mum. I asked her to choose any theme and she picked "stars". My immediate thought was "easy!", because drawing a star with nail polish isn't that difficult, but when it came to actually coming up with an interesting design, I found the task a little challenging. What I came up with is rather Christmasy, so I might recycle this design in 6 months. This design really is super easy to do, but really only works on longer nails.
If you're wondering about the bubbles on my nails, they are caused by either my thickener or strengthener. I personally don't care about the bubbles, and you can easily cover them with a coat of coloured polish. I just leave my nails as is unless I really NEED perfect nails. The bubbles are my friends...

So to create this design, as always, start with a base coat. Once that's done, I painted the tips "Deep Purple" (looks kinda blue in the photos) by MigiNailArt and brought the colour down towards my cuticle on one side. Once that dried, I lined the base of my tips with Art Deco's "Silver". It's really glittery, which I love the look of, but a beast to remove. After letting that dry, I took MigiNailArt's "Silver". Their silver is less glittery, but still metallic. I placed a star in on the short end of the glittery line. By short, I mean the side you DIDN'T bring the colour down. I then followed the glitter line by placing silver dots along it. With the same silver, I painted a star in opposite corner on the tip, followed by three silver dots. I let this design dry, then added a top coat. I used my thickener as a top coat this time and it didn't bubble over the colours, so maybe it's my strengthener that's bubbling.
If you want to watch me paint this design free hand for the proof or my instructions are confusing, I actually recorded a video for this design. I apologize about the bad quality. With all the nail products I need to buy for my salon, I can't afford a decent camera. Isn't being a student just great! Also, I do recommend you put a piece of paper, newspaper, or paper towel down on the surface before you start as nail polish is messy... I didn't in the video, so yes, I'm a hypocrite. I'll be a good girl for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.