Friday, July 29, 2011

White Wedding

So maybe a few of my nails art designs aren't exactly sophisticated, but that doesn't mean I don't have it in me. I'm just a fan of funky. I'm going to a friend's wedding tomorrow, and needed nice nails. Although I love the Midnight Gradient design, it wasn't wedding material. This design is more of a bridal wear, but I'm sure I can wear it too. I rarely use decals on myself, as I save them for my clients, but I went ahead and used them on this design. My original plan was to create free-hand flowers, but I think these decals look so pretty!
I filed my nails slightly shorter for strength and to give my shorter nail a quicker chance to catch up with the rest. For this design I did a white gradient on my tips using a foundation sponge to dab the colour on, making it thicker and more opaque at the free edge using Sally Hansen's "Lavender Cloud". Once that dried, I took some flower decals that I had with gems and stuck them on. I don't have the name of the brand I'm afraid, but many places that sell polishes also sell decals, so you should be able to find something pretty there. I stick a large flower in the outer corners of my thumbs, a smaller flower beside it, and two petals or leaves below. On my pinkie I added a small flower in the outer corner. I covered these with a thick top coat and voila! Done!
You will feel the decals/gems on your nails, but that can't be helped. You might be able to smooth it slightly with another layer of top coat. Just don't be tempted to pick at it! I also apply artificial gel nails, and although a gradient is a little trickier, the same effect can be managed. I can still add the decals and gems, but they will be embedded into the gel, and completely smooth.
I hope you like this design! For anyone who has a formal event coming up, or even a wedding (if it's your own, congratulations!) then do consider this design. For a bride, I understand that you might not want to do your own nails, but most professionals do take requests, and this is quite an easy design to copy for any occasion. Good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.