Friday, August 19, 2011

Burberry

It is so very frustrating when every single one of your black polishes either runs out or goes gunky (and I don't own a polish thinning solution). I created a Burberry design a year or two ago on a sample nail, and I tried to recreate it on my own nails last night, but my black polish simply would not behave. I only did one hand before deciding to give up and go to bed, so I'll probably take it all off and choose another design for this week. Something simple. Here is what the original looks like:
This picture is blurry because I had to blow it up, but you can still see the design. I thought that looked nice and neat, but that was when my black polish was brand new and behaving. My parents don't think the new version of the design is that bad, but I am my own worst critic. As I didn't fully care about this design by the end of it, I allowed it to dent and smudge so now it is a real mess and I'm only too glad to remove it.
To create this design correctly, I first painted my nails with OPI's "Queen of d'Nile". I used 2 coats because it's quite thin. Once that dried, I drew three horizontal black lines at the tip, and 1-3 at the cuticle. The black I used was a combination of MigiNailArt's black, China Glaze's "Liquid Leather", and Art Deco's "Black". Then I filled in between them with white. I used Art Deco's "White". With the black again, I drew 1-3 lines down either side. Try to make this design slightly off-centre to make it look interesting. Finally, I took Rio's "Red" and painted a cross through the blank space. Don't forget a base and top coat!!
I'd like this design if it had actually worked and the lines were neater. To me, it looks like a 5-year-old attack my nails, but as I said before, I'm my own worst critic. If you try this design, I wish you luck and I hope it turns out better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.