Monday, August 15, 2011

Pacman!

I am so sorry this design is late! I finished it days ago, but I left for the weekend and took the wrong camera cord with me. To make it up to you, I'll post twice today with two new designs. This first one is a Pacman design. I had this on my nails way back when, when I was still biting them, and I decided to bring this design back as my second entry to a nail art contest I'm a part of. To view the tutorial entry video, scroll down to the bottom of this post.

So I've changed a few things about the design, as you can see. When I first had this design painted on one hand, I had Space Invaders on the other. For this post, I'll just be explaining the Pacman design. To start, paint your nails black. Makesure you are wearing a base coat if you paint your nails black! That's very important. Using dark colours without a base coat can dye your natural nails, and the design won't last as long. I used China Glaze's "Liquid Leather". Next start on your index finger and paint Pacman's shape. If you want, you can paint a yellow circle, then use a black to cut out the mouth. The yellow I used was MigiNailArt's "Lemon Yellow". Place tiny white dots before and after Pacman. My white was from MigiNailArt. Moving onto your middle finger, paint a line of white dots, making one of them larger than the rest. On your ring finger, draw a line of zigzags with a sky blue (mine is from MigiNailArt) at the tip, then draw an arch stretching towards your cuticle. Fill this shape in. With a white, draw two tiny ovals for eyes, then add black pupils. The black I used for the eyes is by ArtDeco. Add white dots on either side of the enemy. On your pinkie, create the same enemy, but paint him pink. I used a pink by MigiNailArt. Again, add white dots on either side. On your thumb, hold it sideways and draw a blue line at the 'top' of your nail, and another one running parallel. Make the two lines very close. I used MigiNailArt's "Royal Blue" from their neon collection. These are the walls of the maze. Under those lines, paint an orange or red enemy. I used MigiNailArt's "Neon Orange". All of my little enemies have their eyes facing different directions. Add white dots on either side. With the same blue you used for the lines, paint a single line at the very tip of all your other nails. Wait for your deign to dry, then cover with a top coat.
I hope you like this design! I've had a few comments of its humour. Check out the video I made for this design as part of the contest:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.