Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Flowers

Looks like a complicated design? well it is. Not very difficult, but definitely complicated. This design came about because of a nail art contest posted by "ilovemylongnails", and I thought.. why not? It's a fun opportunity, and even if I don't win, I get a new nail design out of it. So this is the design:
Let's see if I can explain how to do this design for those who can't view the video at the end...
Okay, after a base coat, paint the tips of your nails blue with a french smile line. I used MigiNailArt's blue. Once that's dry, paint over it with a purple. I used Sally Hansen's "Ruby Sapphire". Let that dry, then paint your whole nail with a glitter polish. I used Sally Hansen's "Shooting Star". Now to get to the flowers! Place a glob of yellow onto a piece of scrap paper (mine is by MigiNailArt), then take a tiny art brush and paint petals in a top and bottom corner of your nail, or the side, or one corner, or wherever you want. With a cream colour (mine is by MigiNailArt... again), paint the base of the petals, then with an orange (I used Nubar's "Neon Pumpkin"), paint over the cream. Then get a green (mine is, shocker, MigiNailArt), and create leaves coming out of the petals. With a brown, fill the corners or sides at the base of the petals. The brown I used was OPI's "Queen of d'Nile". With a pointed tip (brush, toothpick, etc), paint black dots over the brown. I used China Glaze's "Liquid Leather", then add yellow dots there as well. For the final colour, place a glob of white on scrap paper, and with a striper brush, place stripes on the nail, then take a dotting tool and place varied sizes of white dots alongside the stripes. The white I used was Sally Hansen's "Lavender Cloud". Wait for your nails to dry before painting a top coat on, then clean around your cuticles, add nail oil, and you're done!
I hope you like this design! Here is the contest video:

Also, this is how my short nail is growing out. It's getting there... slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.