Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ripped nail number 2

Yes, bad news, guys. Just like my left index finger, my left thumb has split right at the base of my tip. I'm changing my nail design either tomorrow or Friday, so I'll make sure to show you the nail growth progress of my index finger then. It has grown very well, and although still the shortest, it doesn't look so strange anymore. I recently did plain silver gradient tips on myself, but I didn't post about them because they weren't the most interesting of the gradients.
My thumbnail ripped yesterday and I didn't have any nail forms (or "nail band-aids") so I took New Skin liquid bandage and placed a couple of drops of that onto the tear to seal it, then applied a coat of Sally Hansen's "Insta-Fix". It's a thick clear coat that I thought might help. This morning I took the silver polish off my thumb, filed my nail down,  and applied my routine care tips with a few extras. My nail was too long anyway, but you know I long length so I didn't file it to the rip. I applied a thin coat of Sally Hansen's "Insta-Brite", then once that dried I painted the New Skin onto the crack, making it quite thick, but also smoothing it out onto the rest of my nail. I let that dry (it took a while), then applied 2 thick coats of Sally Hansen's "Miracle Nail Thickener" and 2 thick coats of Sally Hansen's "Diamond Strength". Once they dried, I finished it off with Sally Hansen's "Insta-Dry" top coat.
Hopefully my nail survives this, it's only been one day so far, but if my plan works, I'll keep my thumb nails shorter than usual and let the rip grow out. To be completely honest, I'm doubtful, but I'll give it a shot. I need to take extra care of that nail now and really watch what I'm doing with that thumb. I'm pretty sure the rip came about because of my trying to pry the scissors open on my new pen-knife.

1 comment:

  1. Note: If you have nail glue, use that instead of the liquid bandage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.