Friday, August 26, 2011

Fireworks

So this design started with just the base colour, but I rarely wear a single base colour by itself, so I added the silver firework design. When I'm out of my house, I am representing my own business by what I wear on my nails, as well as the manicures I give to other people. But this design is so simple, I'm sure almost anyone can mimic it. It's easy to give yourself a foot massage without training, but it feels so much better when someone else gives you the massage. I feel a manicure is similar. You can copy this design with your own colours, but I can still paint simple designs on my clients, not because they don't know how, but because the feeling of someone else with training doing your nails feels so good. If someone else offered me a manicure, I'd take the chance in a heartbeat! I love being pampered just as much as the next girl.
Sorry about the camera quality. My dad has the digital camera at the moment. Anyways, I love the base colour and have wanted to wear it for such a long time, but I have never had the opportunity to include it in some of my other designs. After sitting in my collection for so long, I thought it was time to let it shine! This is Sally Hansen's "Ruby Sapphire" from her Nail Prism collection. I had to apply at least 3 coats to get the opaque look. The silver is Art Deco's "Silver". It's very glittery, so it will be a beast to remove when the time comes. I used even strokes with the striper brush from the corner of my nail towards the centre 3 or 4 times to create a star or firework effect. Because this colour is dark, I made sure I had a good base coat on my nails to start with, and finished off with a top coat to really let the shimmers and sparkles come alive, and get the full effect of the prism colours. Ruby Sapphire is  a purple and orange/red. It looks more purple than red on the nails, whereas in the bottle it's about even. I don't mind too much though because purple is my favourite colour.
This is how my not-so-gimpy nail is getting on. It's getting longer nicely, but it will take a few months of growing and filing to reach my desired shape. My thumb nail is still hanging in there, and the bonding that I'm using that I mentioned in my previous post is working very nicely. If I get nail glue soon, I'll substitute the liquid bandage with the glue.

I didn't take pictures of my toenails because I'm not too keen on feet (although I do offer pedicures) and recently suffered some trauma to a few of my toes by walking into a door (yeah), but today I painted them with Sally Hansen's "Uptempo Plum" from her Insta-Dry collection (it's a VERY dark purple, almost black, and in some lights the purple looks almost gold), and placed OPI Nicole's "Silver Texture" crackle polish on top. I think it looks pretty nifty. Perhaps it's ano optical illusion or something, but I think the dark appearance of this combination makes my nails look a lot smaller. I rarely go without covering my feet in public (I'm a Converse fan), but I still painted them just to see what the polish combination would be like, and I do like it. It's not my favourite, but I still like it.

If you try it on yourself, or my Fireworks design, i hope you like them too ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.