Monday, September 19, 2011

Party Scribbles

I really liked the scribble effect that I did on my Mum's nails that I decided to try it on myself, but less scribble-like and more splatter-like. I tried to make it match what I was wearing, which was a black shirt with a mess of colours all over it and silver details. I was going out to a party with nothing on my nails and had this urge to paint them, so with about 5 minutes to spare, I sat down and did my nails. I like the messy look that came out of this. Obviously not for every design, but my shirt was very random and I had the nails to match.
I used up the last of my China Glaze "Liquid Leather" by painting my tips, making the smile-line as feathery as I could (like a gradient, but cheating). I might be able to scrape some out of the bottom of the bottle, but I bought another black last week to replace it (Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear "Black Out"). With my MigiNailArt neon colours, I used the pen to scribble around on my nail. if you try this out, be careful to press lightly or you'll smudge the black underneath. Once All the neon colours were on, I took NailJazz "Silver" and scribbled that on top. I tried to make it the more prominent colour. I finished off with a top coat and ran out to the party.
Painting my right hand with my left is never easy, but I've been painting my nails for years and the practice is definitely working, but because my left is my weaker hand, applying this design to my right gave me ridiculous hand cramp! Trying to squeeze the bottle with my left hand while trying to produce tiny details... I think most of the scribbles on that hand were caused by my shaking. It still looks cool though. I wouldn't try, for example, the Mario scene design on my right hand in case I gave myself an injury. For this design, it works well though.

Also.... I've added a few things to the right hand side of this blog -> If you want to find a particular design that I have posted, you can now search much faster through my blog. You can also subscribe to posts and comments, and follow me by e-mail even if you don't have a gmail account. There is also a link to my google spreadsheet where I have recorded all of my nail polish colours and clear coats and their properties. I have also added a facebook 'Like' button. If you go to facebook.com/scribblingwithpolish I will be posting small statuses about my nail-related thoughts, as well as notifying when I write a new post. I'll also have some pictures posted on facebook as well, and you can feel free to ask me any questions on my wall or let me know how you're doing with your designs and nail care. If I'm brave enough, I might also take a few requests, so be sure to check that out by clicking the 'Like' button!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.