Friday, September 9, 2011

Cirque du Soleil

There have been so many attempts to post this design, and I'm so sorry I couldn't do it yesterday, or earlier today, but I kept receiving an error message or my internet would die as I was saving/posting. On Wednesday night, my parents went to see Cirque du Soleil and my Mum wanted her nails doe for the event. She was wearing a black, silver, and red dress, so I tried to come up with a design that fit both her clothing and the theme of the night. She came to me 15 minutes before leaving so I was slightly rushed and didn't get to add all the elements of my original design onto her nails, but she still loved it. I didn't have time to take pictures before she left, but I managed to snap some once she came back, despite her having broken a few nails (how? She was a spectator!).

I added gold to this design to represent the Soleil theme (French for sun), and the silver and red for her dress. To create this design, I painted her nails with Nicole by OPI's "Keep It Real" after a base coat, then once that dried I painted half of her nail with a diagonal "Silver Texture" by OPI stroke, and the other half with OPI's "Gold Texture". I painted these diagonally because depending on which direction you paint the crackle polish on determines the direction that it cracks. Finally, I sealed it with a top coat and let her rush off.

Before applying this design onto my Mum's nails, I planned it out on a sample nail, but on this nail I added black swirls on top of the crackle using MigiNailArt's "Black". It's called Black, and it is, but it has subtle blue glitter in the colour and I thought the more glitter the better for Cirque. It's up to you which you prefer.

You might be wondering what the design to the left of the Cirque nail is on my nail wheel... well I'll show you, as well as a few others from that particular wheel (I have others that I'll show you one day). The Nightmare Before Christmas! Tehe! Also a couple of music/piano tips, and the new logo from my favourite TV show, Doctor Who! I hope you life them! I still need to do my own nails sometime soon so be prepared for another blog post before next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.