Friday, September 30, 2011

Shattered Glow

I did have a different idea for a nail design, but I was so tempted to try OPI's "Turquoise Shatter" over black that I just had to do it. Unfortunately I had to take the previous manicure off before I managed to take a picture of me holding my favourite drum sticks. They are a holographic purple and looked amazing with my nails, but I didn't have my camera on me. I suppose it's better that I am doing this manicure, because although it's a polish repeat, it can be a filler for time before next week. I came up with a Birthday design for myself, but if I create it now, by the time my Birthday rolls around it will be old and not-so-great looking.
The "Turquoise Shatter" (I keep wanting to call it crackle. I suppose it's the same thing but names are important) really seems to glow when it's against the black. I took so many pictures of this manicure trying to capture the green/aqua colour that my eyes saw, but the camera didn't seem to want to pick up. I'm very much in love with this shatter and will probably use it a LOT!I also found that when using Sally Hansen's "Black Out", I only needed one, maybe two coats to make it rich and opaque. When I was using China Glaze's "Liquid Leather", it was lovely and smooth, but I found I needed a lot of coats before I could wear it out, and I felt that I was wasting polish (which is probably why I've run out now).
So in less than a week I'll have an actual 'free-hand nail art' post up, and hopefully I can get onto my facebook page; it was glitching horribly last week. I hope you love this polish as much as I do! Thanks for reading ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.