Monday, November 7, 2011

Holiday Haul!

Yesterday I purchased quite a few polishes and emptied my Birthday gift card. It was worth it! I also bought more remover and a thickener because I had run out. I'm so excited to use these polishes for my future nail art designs, and although I don't tend to wear single colours, I'm actually tempted to go around with a few of these polishes alone! So let's get started on my personal review of them. If you already saw my review pictures (and actually read the description) of them, what I'm about to say is a repete (Copy Pasta!).
I really like this set, and the price was pretty good too. $36. My camera doesn't do the polishes justice, sadly. Most of these colours are very unique and I haven't seen in single bottles on the shelves before. The polishes are 4.4mL each. Although they do all have individual names, they aren't printed anywhere on the bottles themselves, maybe because they are so small, so I will need to find a way of labeling them. Overall, I love this set! I usually don't wear single colours on my nails because I like to show off and advertise my nail art, but most of these colours I am very tempted to wear alone (Like I stated before).
From left to right:
Very Vixen, Mystic Night, Garnet, and Precious.


Very Vixen is a lovely wine purple. It's quite dark, and although glossy, it looks like a creme polish.


Mystic Night is also a purple, and has a very shimmery finish to it. It looks lighter and more wine-like in the bottle than Very Vixen, but on paper (my tester), it's a rich, bold purple.


Garnet suggests red to me, as a garnet is a red gem, but this polish is quite orange. I do love it, though! It's very shimmery, almost a glitter, and does have a pinkish-red gleam to it. It reminds me of a lightly orange lip gloss.


Precious is another dark purple, and looks very dark and VERY mildly brown at first, but tilting it into even the smallest light and it's very bright purple and quite glittery. Although it's definitely purple, the glitter seems almost pink, causing the base to appear almost black. One of my favourites!

From left to right:
Sapphire Sparkle, Cold Stone, Rock Show, and Rock Star.


Sapphire Sparkle is true to its name, and a sparkled royal blue. it's very rich in colour and the sparkles match the base tone perfectly so it's a good, solid colour, without being a creme. I do like the sparkles in this polish and it really makes it stand out!


Cold Stone is one of the more interesting polishes in this set. At first glance it is a very glittery silver, but the glitter in it is rainbow or multi-coloured. It reminds me of something a rockstar on stage would wear if they were going for a silver or glitter theme. it's definitely not your average silver glitter! I imagine this is what a silver granite would look like with its many colours.


Rock Show makes me double and triple take at the bottle and my swatches every time! In the bottle it looks quite purple, but on the nail it is more of a pink or lavender. It is mildly (or in some lights, very) glittery, but the glitter is gold! This combination makes it look almost red in the bottle. Like I said, i'm doing double takes!


Rock Star is interesting. It's a dark pink with lighter pink glitters. Although fabulous, it's not as outgoing as many of the other polishes. It looks great on the nail, but it also looks fantastic in the bottle!

From left to right... or up to down:
Rock Star and Night Sky

Rock Star is interesting. It's a dark pink with lighter pink glitters. Although fabulous, it's not as outgoing as many of the other polishes. It looks great on the nail, but it also looks fantastic in the bottle!

Night Sky is very different on the nail than it is in the bottle, but it's not a disappointment. In the bottle, it looks black with excessive, but not-too-bright purple glitter (not at all blue light my camera flash made it). However, on the nail, it has a bluish-grey tone, but in the light is has a bright purple, almost pink glitter. I'm impressed with this one.
From left to right:
Turquoise Moonlight, Celestial Star, First Class, and Filthy Rich.

Turquoise Moonlight is very pretty! If you read my blog, you'll know that green is my least favourite colour, but I do light some turquoises. This is one of them! It is definitely more green than blue (much like Revel's "Green With Envy"), yet I think it's amazing! On the paper, the glitter seems almost gold in some lights. It reminds me of mermaids. Like Sapphire Sparkle, the heavy glitter in this polish matches the base colour very well. it is a strong glitter, but because the glitter and the base colour match, it's not too overpowering.

Celestial Star has an interesting effect. It is very dark blue with a light amount of bright, royal blue glitter. However, in the "corner of my eye" or the "corner of the bottle", the glitter is very purple, but whenever I try to focus on the purple, it's more blue than I thought, and what was blue glitter, is now purple. Sort of like when you have something in the corner of your vision and you can never quite focus on it. On the paper, it is quite a dull blu, but in the right light the royal blue and purple glitter (mixed, this time) really show themselves.

First Class and Filthy Rich aren't similar, but the way they trick the eye is. First Class, to me, looked gold at first, but now I look at it again, it's definitely not. It's quite pearly pink and metallic with light glitter. On the paper it is the same, but maybe slightly more bronze.

Filthy Rich looked silver when I first saw it, and although I now see that First Class is definitely not gold, I still think that Filthy Rich looks mildy silvery at times. Giving it a second look, however, it is a pearly gold and mildly glittery. Both First Class and Filthy Rich's glitter matches the base colour, just like Sapphire Sparkle and Turquoise Moonlight. I think the name "Filthy Rich" suits this colour well, as it's both a silver and a gold.
From left to right:
Red Hot, Wine & Dine, Old Hollywood, and Love Game.

Red Hot is a bright red creme. There isn't much to say about this colour, because it is your average bright red, but I needed a new one anyway. This IS a creme, so it's neither shimmery, nor glittery.

Wine & Dine is, as advertised, a wine colour. it's slightly darker than Red Hot and slightly more shimmery too. On paper, it really is a wine colour, but a lot more red than purple, and lighter than wine.

Old Hollywood is yet another shade darker than Wine & Dine, and two (or whatever) shades darker than Red Hot. It's closer to a wine colour than Wine & Dine, and I can't quite tell if it's a creme of a shimmer. I'm going to say a very very very lightly shimmered creme. It has more pink in it than Wine & Dine, but it's a dark pink and very subtle.

Love Game looks amazing in the bottle! It's hard to describe, but I'll give it a go. It's pink. It's a reddish-pink creme with a lovely purple shimmer. Like Old Hollywood, it's extremely lightly shimmered, but less subtle. On the paper, it's a LOT lighter than in the bottle, so I'm guessing several coats are required if you were to wear this, but it is still a lighter shade out of the bottle. The purple (or lavender) shimmers are more noticeable on the paper, but still subtle.
From left to right (up to down):
Love Game and True Love

Love Game looks amazing in the bottle! It's hard to describe, but I'll give it a go. It's pink. It's a reddish-pink creme with a lovely purple shimmer. Like Old Hollywood, it's extremely lightly shimmered, but less subtle. On the paper, it's a LOT lighter than in the bottle, so I'm guessing several coats are required if you were to wear this, but it is still a lighter shade out of the bottle. The purple (or lavender) shimmers are more noticeable on the paper, but still subtle.

True Love is a bright baby pink creme. No glitter and no shimmer. It's as creme as Red Hot. Again, there isn't much to say about this colour, and you will probably find it on the shelves, unlike the rest of this collection. I like this polish, but I'll probably use it more for nail art purposes. I don't have as strong an urge to wear this polish alone as I do with the other polishes. It's still pretty though. On the paper it's pretty much the same as in the bottle, but although it looks a LOT lighter than Love Game in the bottle, it's one shade darker than Love Game on the paper.
Nicole by OPI "GlitterIn My Stocking."

I really like this polish and it's very Christmasy! It is mainly a gold glitter, but it does contain red glitter as well, and it's not subtle about it! This polish is a glitter explosion! When applying to your nails, I'm guessing you'll need several coats if you're wearing it as a base, but if you are using it as an overlay, one coat is fine, but it's very strong! I think the gold in this polish is the same gold as the gold in Nicole by OPI "Gold Glitter" (There was a lot of "Gold" in that sentence). I'm excited to use this polish in a future nail design!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.