Monday, November 14, 2011

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

I know it's really early for Christmas designs, but I will be posting non-holiday designs over the next month as well. I really wanted to wear another polish from my Quo by Orly collection, so I chose Rock Star. Although it has a definite gold duo-chrome in the bottle, it doesn't so much on the nails, and my camera, unfortunately, removes it completely. It is very red but does have a slight dark pink tint to it, so as soon as it hit my nails, my mind went to Christmas. Although before I show you the picture of my final design, I have bad... very bad news.

Remember I snapped my nail between my drum sticks? That was pretty bad and pretty painful. Well, it broke again. I don't think any of my nails have been this short since before I began growing them out, so that's almost a year. When it broke for the THIRD time, the polish pealed off in one clean coat. I didn't replace the polish and just went to bed. Now I know for next time that whenever I break a nail, I MUST replace the polish ASAP! I woke up this morning to an ugly little stub and my skin was red and sore. I didn't realize I bite my short "naked nails" in my sleep until today. I was pretty horrified when I woke up and it reminded me of that dream I had a few nights ago (and mentioned in my previous post). Anyway, I just need to calm down and grow it back out again. The damage is done, but nail grow back with care.
Ouch! Anyway, let's cover that nasty site with a picture of this Rock Star design.
I took pictures of this design in progress, so I'll tell you how I created this (easy) design, then show you the WIP pictures. After a base coat, I covered my nails with a couple of coats of Quo by Orly "Rock Star" and let that ry. Then taking a foundation sponge, I painted a little bit of Nicole by OPI "Positive Energy" and sponged that onto a piece of scrap paper, then dabbed it onto the very tips of my nails. I wanted this to look like a very rough sponging to give the 'snow on the window' effect. Once that dried. I painted on holly leaves with Rio's "Green" and MigiNailArt's "Kelly Green". If you have a glitter, shimmer, or metallic green, use that! I then covered this design with a top coat.
I hope you like this super simple design! Thanks for reading! Sorry about my careless nail breaking/biting. We'll help it grow together. I'll take extra care with my nail treatment program, and you keep reading to support me! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.