Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Light Up

Yesterday was the first Advent service at my church. I was singing in the choir, and no one notices your nails in a crowd, right? The girl (who has an amazing voice) who was supposed to be singing a solo lost her voice, so I took her part instead. I'm standing alone holding music in front of the crowd, rather than being in it. Being me, the biggest thought in my head was my nails. Of course, no one could see my nails from that far away, but I still got nice comments on them after the service. You all new I had a nail art obsession already. Anyway, I wanted pretty nails, but I am in the 'fun' nail art mood so this is what I came up with (by the way, the service went great!).
The design was already getting old and chipping and smudged by the time I took these pictures, but you get the idea. Christmas lights! I know it's still November, but it was for an Advent service, and my next nail design is not Christmas or winter related. I was going to outline the lights with black, but decided against it, and I actually prefer them without the white highlights as well. A little really does go a long way.
^That picture sucks. Anyway... to create this design, I first painted the tips of my nails with MigiNailArt's "Pearl Gloss White" after a base coat, then when that dried, I took Rio's "Black" and painted black lines for the cord. On my other hand, the black lines are still randomly placed, but more across the base of the pearl polish, and I like it that way better. I then took Rio's "Red" and "Yellow" and Nail Jazz's "Fire Red" and created the tiny lights. I added more "Pearl Gloss White" for highlights, but as I said before, I prefer without, so you don't have to add them in if you don't want to. Finish with a top coat and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.