Friday, November 11, 2011

Never Forget

Well today is the 11th day of the 11th month of the 11th year (and in an hour it will also be the 11th second of the 11th minute of the 11th hour).

As it's Remembrance Day, I've done a poppy design on my nails for the occasion. I had a dream last night that I lost this design because I started biting my nails again, but I woke up (to the smell of freshly baked bread) to find that my nails were still long (except my shorter index nail), thank goodness! I'm really proud of this design, and I wish I had a better picture of my thumbnail, because that's the best one, I think. I was so excited to use my new Holiday set, and this made for a great opportunity. Of course, I'm still excited to use the rest!
So for this design, I covered my nails with a few coats of Quo by Orly "Cold Stone" and let that dry (scroll down for a picture). I then drew two poppies on each nail with Quo by Orly "Red Hot". For this I used a tiny nail brush. I then added two green leaves with Rio "Green". As that dried, I took Nail Jazz "Pearl Gloss White" and dabbed tiny white dots in the centre of the poppies, then went over them with back dots using Art Deco "Black". I then added a lighter green line with MigiNailArt "Kelly Green" and on some leaves, I added a few veins to the leaves too. I then took Nubar's "Neon Pumpkin" and drew two orange lines on each poppy petal running from the centre out.Make sure this design fully dries before adding a top coat! I did for my thumb, but I was so busy yesterday that I barely had time to let my nails dry and covered them with a top coat before they had fully dried so there is a little smudging, but I don't think it's easy to tell.
I'm proud of this design, and I've heard compliments about my base colour choice (Cold Stone) as a contrast to the poppies already. Here are a few more pictures of this design that I took. I always post one picture per design on my facebook fan page, but I can't decide which one of these will be the lucky one.
 Thumb nail ^
 Cold Stone camera flash ^
 Cold Stone, no camera flash ^
 Poppies in the sun, no camera flash ^
 Poppies in the shade, no camera flash ^
 Poppies with a camera flash ^
 Poppies and Cold Stone bottle ^
Poppies and Red Hot bottle ^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog! I will read every comment and answer as many questions as I can, either with my own comment, or in the next blog post.